Friday, August 24, 2012

MayMay The Wonder Pup

      My husband and I adopted Ellie May before we were married and they thought she was about a year old then so that makes her around 10 years old now.  Before the girls were born her only job was to hang out with me.  She was just used to sitting at my feet and licking the sweat off of my sweet tea glass.  
     
      Then these 2 girls were born...  Her life hasn't been the same since.

      MayMay feels like it's her responsibility to keep the kids in line.  She gets super nervous when they start to wander away from me or go somewhere I've told them not to go.  So, even though MayMay has been ours for 9 years, the only command she knows is "Watch Your Babies."  This usually means she rounds them up like cattle but on rare occasions (okay, maybe not so rare) she has to go and get them by the hand and drag them back to where they're supposed to be.  She's very gentle but the girls get aggravated with having another mother around.  Love my MayMay and love that she thinks of my babies as her own.

No comments: